Tervaniemi manor continues to attract The story begins in 1886 when Tervaniemi manor was built for Matilda Humble, the wife of Tervaniemi paper mill’s patron, Mr. Franz-Emil Humble. The plot for Matilda’s summer villa was chosen by FranzEmil – based on its beauty, the finest location upstream the mill.
Through the years, though Tervaniemi manor lasted, it no longer served as a summer villa but residence for mill workers.
About a hundred years later, in 1989, began Tervaniemi’s ”new life”. The manor was completely renovated. New silky wallpapers, shiny parquets, ceiling paintings, antique furniture. And in December 1989 renewed Tervaniemi manor, its restaurant and 20 new log houses were opened to the public.
In 1993 Tervakosken Tervaniemi expanded its business to corporate and private meeting and banquet services.